Tuffy, author of the Beagle Blog

Friday, March 9, 2012


Working like a dog

I'm a hard-working, hard-playing, hard-sleeping kind of dog. When some other dog tries to keep me from the things I do best, I get a bit irritated. And usually I'm a very easy-going kind of Beagle. They call me Tuffy, but I don't usually have to show that side of my personality. I have to admit it may be coming soon.

There's a little pissant irritant in the house, and his name is Oliver. He seems to think he's going to take over things here, and I may have to step up and let him know that his number is four, fourth in line in this house. I don't care if he is a boy-Beagle. He's not the alpha-Beagle.

Does he really think he can take me?
Actually, I'm not the alpha-Beagle either. Jade is. And I have to admit she's looking rather good to me these days. I get along fine with her, but I'm starting to have thoughts other than she's just an old fatso who lays around waiting for papa to give her treats, or for something to fall to the floor. She's the quickest … kind of like a snake and you want to be careful not to get between her and food. I'm thinking maybe I'll make up to her a little more than I have in the past. She's looking mighty fine.

Yep she's looking mighty cute these days, and she's got some spring in her step so she's lots more fun to play with.
Anyway, though, I am the alpha-male-Beagle. I write the blog. For some reason Oliver has taken to working papa. He's always around him, sitting next to him, trying to get in his lap. And now he's taken to sitting in a chair next to the table while papa is on his computer. Papa has put one of his caps on him, and Oliver looks totally ridiculous. But he thinks he's hot stuff, and looks around as though to say he's a military dog, named after a famous military man. I say, so what?

Colonel Oliver North.  Ha!

Oliver pretends like he can read to impress pop, but I know he's just a "Great Pretender."
Then to make matters worse, papa let Oliver up on the table. That's just not right, and none of the rest of us have ever gotten to do that. And you know what he did then? He sat on pop's computer, as much as to say that my blog work is worth nothing.

Papa shouldn't let Oliver sit on the table or on his computer.  He'll be able to get up on the table and get food that the rest of us can't get.
I believe it's time to take that little doggie mix down a peg or two and let him know what a real Beagle is all about. That's me, and I can do it. I'm Tuffy and I'm tuff!!! And I'm taking over papa's recliner, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment