Tuffy, author of the Beagle Blog

Sunday, March 18, 2012


Couch, Beagle bed or lap?

Sometimes humans are just plain silly. I lay around as do all of us here at the house. We all have places we prefer. Daisy likes to go upstairs to pop's room and get all nestled in the blankets. Oliver sleeps on the loveseat usually, but if pop's not in his chair he gets under the blanket and roots around until you can't see him or just sticks his pointy nose and beady eyes out. But that's only when Jade or I don't get into the chair first, although personally it's not my favorite place. I only like to get up there so someone else can't.

Sometimes you can't even find Oliver when he's all settled in under the blankets.  He just woke up.
Sometimes it's a revolving chair and lap around here. One gets up; one gets down, another gets up. I've seen Daisy tease Jade when she's sitting in pop's lap until Jade jumps down to snip at her. Then Daisy jumps up into pop's lap as much as to say, “ha ha, I got you out of pop's lap and now this spot is mine!”

Personally, I prefer to lay next to someone. They think it's because I want to be close to them. I do, but mostly I like to get between the arm of the couch and mom or pop because then they keep me warm. Got them so fooled. Humans are kind of easy that way, but not always so easy to train. I've been working on this for years.

Anyway, Jade has a kennel in the living room. Pop put it there after she had her back problems so she wouldn't try to jump up on things. There are two blankets in it and she goes in and roots around, then she faces out so no one can come in. If you even look at her sometimes when she's in there she growls at you. She's a silly girl.

Jade doesn't take up nearly as much room in a Beagle bed as she used too.  I could probably even squeeze in there too.
There are Beagle beds around the house, too. There's one upstairs, and two in the living room. Just the other day Jade was rooting around in the fleece-lined one and laid down. Mom said wow, that bed makes Jade look small. Pop said yeah, it does. It's a new bed and bigger than the other one. I got it while you were on vacation. Oh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment