Tuffy, author of the Beagle Blog

Tuesday, March 6, 2012


Fun in the Snow, March 6, 2012

Today was a great day. Although it didn't start out that way. I was laying in papa's chair and Daisy had to come over and get in it, too. She couldn't just lay next to me. No, she had to get on top of me. She's so inconsiderate sometimes. She ended up moving and hurting my leg. I yelped, it scared her and she ran off. She's such a wimp and a crybaby, too, when she doesn't get her own way. She got locked upstairs this morning, and she just cried and cried. Good grief. She needs to put on her big Beagle panties. Of course, mom always takes her side, “oh, poor Daisy.” She has mom wrapped around her paw. It's sickening sometimes.

See what I mean about her sitting on me?
Mom and pop let us go out in the back yard today. They really have to watch us because the snow is all the way up to the top of the fence now.

I think pop likes making trails for us.
Papa runs his snowblower and makes trails for us. If he didn't we'd get lost cuz it's not like we're real tall dogs. I think even a big dog like a Great Dane wouldn't fare so well with all the snow this year.

Look, the snow is clear up to the top of the fence.  And that's a 6-foot-high fence, too.  I could get over it if I really wanted to.  But I like it here and know I have a really good home. I am a Beagle, though, and have to at least acknowledge I could get out if I tried only a little bit.

This is papa's deer decoy in the backyard.  Mom likes it cuz it's like having a deer in the backyard.  I like it because I can lift my leg on it.  Oliver just goes and does it anywhere.  I like to show a little discretion and save myself for peeing on things that truly matter, like pop's deer decoy.  It's kind of hard to get to it right now, though, so I've had to settle for lesser items, like his ladder, but it will do in a pinch.
Papa was shoveling off the deck, and Oliver ran nearby as pop was throwing the snow and ended up getting a whole shovel of the white stuff tossed on him. I thought that was funny and laughed at him.

Even Old Fatso wanted to play in the snow.  Guess I shouldn't call her that anymore becaue she's lost weight and really looks good.  She even has a waistline now. 
This isn't a great photo, but you can see the action.  I'm running really fast, around and around the yard, ears and paws aflying.  It's really fun to run in the snow.  I'm really happy that pop clears trails for us, though.

Jade got out and ran around a lot which is good for her, getting some exercise.  We all had such a good time.

We all ran and ran and ran and chased each other. Then we got tired and came in. But mom wouldn't let us in the house. She makes us stay in the greenhouse so our feet will dry off before letting us inside. I guess I can understand that.

So now it's time for a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment