Tuffy, author of the Beagle Blog

Sunday, March 4, 2012



Mom's coming home, March 1, 2012

Mom's trying to come home from Daytona. She's been gone a long time. Papa takes good care of us but he sometimes yells. I don't care cuz I'm tuff and Jade ignores him, but Daisy and Oliver don't like it. They get nervous because they're very sensitive. Imagine, sensitive beagles. Good grief. That just sounds stupid to me.

Papa ratted me out to mom over the phone the other day although he doesn't know it. He told her that someone had thrown up. It was me. I sometimes feel like I have a raw spot in my throat and so I go around and eat lint and dirt and leaves or twigs in the yard, and the carpet if I can to try to make it feel better. I have even eaten newspapers and plastic bags. Then I get an upset stomach and throw up all over, sometimes way more than they think I could even get down. Oliver does it too sometimes, but not as much as I do. Luckily for papa I just threw up this time. Sometimes I poop it out, too. They can always tell because there's been a part of a plastic bag. It's so disgusting, I know, but I'm just trying to make my tummy feel better.

I need to tell you about poop one day, but not today. I don't know you well enough yet, so I don't feel comfortable sharing that stuff. But then, I'll probably never meet or see most of you people, so does it really matter? Haha!! But today isn't the day, and you should feel lucky about that.

On Thursday, mom was still in Minneapolis trying to get a flight to Anchorage. She might not get home today either as the flights to Anchorage are overbooked. She'll come home eventually, I know, cuz she loves us. Wish she was here today, though, because it's her birthday and I wanted to give her a lick on the mouth.

While she was talking to pop, Oliver started barking by the window and got all excited. He got so excited he got caught in the window blind cord and then started screaming like a baby. Pop yelled at him and had to go get him out of it. Oliver is a pain in the butt. He's super-excitable and barks at everything, including his own shadow. He's like a military guy, always wanting his breakfast and dinner at exactly the same time each day, and wants our whole lives choreographed by the minute. Stupid! Maybe that's why he's called Colonel Oliver North. I just think it's all dumb and he should learn to relax.

We've got it really good here, kind of like Beagle heaven, but Oliver's just a little too intense for me. He's got beady eyes, too, and when he looks at you I think he tries to intimidate. Ha. That's not happening here. I'm the king of this dog pile and he'd better stay in his place. Besides, he's just a little, skinny thing with chicken legs, and I'm way bigger and stronger than he is. He better watch out.

Papa was gone for part of the day. He likes to go out to eat, sometimes breakfast, sometimes lunch. Today he went out for Taco Bell. We could all smell it on his breath. I know mom would have, too, if she'd been home. She always knows what he's eaten and he sometimes tell her she's got a nose better than any of us Beagles. I think that's pretty funny. She's a human. There's no way.

Mom's still gone, March 2, 2012

Mom's still in Minneapolis. Still trying to get home. I think papa misses her, but he never says it. He just says I told you it would be hard to get a flight, and why didn't you keep your meds with you? It's cuz she's not used to flying on passes and trying to think about the things going on at the time. She'll get better. I hope she gets home tonight, but I heard him tell her she'll get home for sure tomorrow (Saturday).

While I know she'll be home as soon as she can, I also know mom's missing things she had planned. She missed a big party with her motorcycle friends, and some type of tour over at the place where she used to work. She really wanted to do both of those. She's going to miss stuff tomorrow maybe, too. The Running of the Reindeer is part of Fur Rondy and she was going to do that for the first time.

I don't care what she misses. I just want her home. I love to sleep with mom because I keep her warm. I sleep right next to her heart and I can feel and hear it beating in my ear. Next to her heart is my special place and she doesn't let anyone else sleep there.

Mom's home, March 3, 2012

Mom's home, mom's home.

I really do need a nap.  Doing a blog is very tiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment