Tuffy, author of the Beagle Blog

Tuesday, March 13, 2012



Green bean diet.  Does it really work?

Jade is looking especially slim and trim these days. I think I mentioned that she has been on the green bean diet. When she was at the vet's, mom and pop were told to replace 1/3 of her food with green beans. So while mom was on vacation that's what pop did, and she slimmed right down. She's got a waist, some spring in her step and she can even jump really high now, although that is frowned upon as they don't want her to put her back out again.

When pop opens a can of green beans for Jade, he always give all of us one. We thought it was a real treat until I overheard him telling mom if there was a bad can of beans he wanted all of us to get sick, not just his precious Jade. Oh well. We all love green beans, and how often are you going to get a bad can of them?  I don't think I'd get sick anyway, probably just gas. I get that a lot. Secretly? I try to blame it on pop Sometimes it works.

See how nicely we can all behave when there's food involved?  From the top it's Oliver, Jade, Daisy and me.  Pop's the one with the container of green beans.  It's hard to see him because of all the camo clothing.
I've been watching mom and pop, though, in more recent years. I'm thinking they might want to consider going on the green bean diet! And that's all I have to say about that!



No comments:

Post a Comment