Tuffy, author of the Beagle Blog

Friday, May 18, 2012


Peeing as a pastime

Dogs like to pee on things, particularly us boys. When I pee, I've always liked to try to make it count. I never was one much for marking my turf, although now that the little pissant is here I do spend some of my precious peeing time spreading my urine over his. After all, this yard was mine first, and I intend to keep it mine.

Sometimes ya just gotta mark something after someone else has tried to claim your space.
I've always tried to use my pee in a meaningful manner. I pee on pop's ladders when they're in the yard, I pee on mom's lilac bushes in the back yard, and I pee on pop's shed where he keeps the lawnmower.

The backyard has one special place that I consider the holy grail for my pee … it's pop's deer decoy. During the winter it was buried so deep in the snow I didn't think it would ever reach a point where I could get at it again.

I am not intimidated by some old deer decoy although it is bigger than I am.  There still seems to be a lot of snow.
I kept checking to see if the snow was still deep.

I looked behind the decoy to see if I could maybe get back there and pee.  No luck yet.
Finally, I'm thinking I can get to it, if mom would let me out there. The snow is nearly gone from the back yard, and the deer is standing in its fullblown glory, waiting for my meaningful, golden stream. 

Oh mom, please let me into the backyard.  The decoy is calling my name.

Pop got home last night.  He let us into the backyard.  Mission accomplished.  I beat the little pissant, too.  He never got a shot off.  It was all mine!!
I think peeing should be an olympic sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment