Tuffy, author of the Beagle Blog

Saturday, May 5, 2012


Bear bait

I know pop loves us. He gives us treats all the time. Sometimes he gives us green beans (cuz of the fat Beagle who isn't fat anymore), sometimes he tosses little pieces of dogfood down from upstairs and watches us circle like sharks trying to find them all. He gives us these treats for our teeth, and even the wonderful Yummy Chummies. (Mom should have bought stock in that brand since we eat so many of them and the fish oil, too.)

We all behave very nicely, and sit waiting (impatiently) for our green beans.  They're yummy and healthy as long as mom and pop wash the salt off of them if they're the canned ones.
Pop likes to hunt, and while he's killed lots of stuff with a gun, his real love is bow and arrow hunting. He's gotten all kinds of animals, and a few of those dead heads are on the walls here. He's also had his motorcycle custom painted with pictures of dead things. Yuk. Well, I shouldn't say that because I really like to roll in dead things. It makes me smell exceptionally good, I think.

Mom and pop saw this bear along Turnagain Arm and stopped to take photos.  Pop said this was a small bear, a couple years old.  Pop is very smart and knows his wildlife.
The reason I put the bear photo in my blog is because the other day I started to wonder about this hunting thing. Pop has said we Beagles are nothing but bear bait. When I heard that mom and pop had seen this bear on their motorcycle ride, I started wondering if that were true. Would he take us out to try to bait a bear?
 

I'm wondering about what pop's thinking.  Would he do it?  I'd be very disappointed in him.  But I know mom would protect me cuz I'm her handsome boy and she loves me almost best.

But I think I'm going on a diet.  Let the fat girl win that contest.

Yep, let the fat girl win; besides she'd be easy to catch because she sleeps a lot and can't run as fast as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment