Tuffy, author of the Beagle Blog

Monday, April 9, 2012


Stinky Beagles need love, too

I was lying next to mom, sleeping. She suddenly held her nose and said, “stinky Beagle.” Then she hollered upstairs to pop, who was working on the big computer. He just laughed.
Hey, come on.  It's not like I do it on purpose.  It's what you feed me.
Sometimes a Beagle, me anyway, has digestive problems. I can't help it if they feed me stuff that gives me gas. I don't deliberately let it rip. Actually, I don't let it rip at all.  I'm very discreet and quiet about it. The problem is that the food I'm given gives me stinky gas, and even though it's quietly sent out into the area, the smell of it gives me away.
Daisy was wondering, "OMG, what's that smell?  It's making me gag.  And I'm a dog.  I love smelly stuff!!"
Sometimes it happens when I'm lying on the floor next to pop's recliner. He's usually in it scratching my back. I try to hold onto it, but I'm just so relaxed I can't, and it gets loose. If I'm lucky, pop gets blamed for it. That doesn't always happen, like when I was laying right next to mom. I heard her say something about, “silent but deadly.”


No comments:

Post a Comment