Tuffy, author of the Beagle Blog

Thursday, February 11, 2016

I'm so smart and cunning I make myself proud

A few days have gone by since mom put me back on chicken and rice and occasionally she even puts some broth on it.  YUMMY!!!!!  Sometimes I eat it a bit slower, usually in the early evening, because now she’s doing something a bit different … giving me three meals a day.  Of course, I’m really liking that, even when she stuck a joint compound and a quarter of a Rimadyl in it and some ordinary dog food.  I still ate it.  She continues to have to give me some other meds for a few more days.  She’s a bit smarter now as she’s giving me a small piece of plain chicken and then another one with the meds in it.  She thinks I don’t know it.  Ha!!!  Of course, I do.  But I’m taking one for the team as everyone gets a piece of chicken.  I hope they all appreciate what I’m doing for them.

It seems that my system is way more regulated, too, with three smaller meals and I’m not having to make a dash for the door three, four or five times a day to drop a cow-pie-like bomb in the yard that requires a hazmat outfit to clean it up due to size and stench.  That makes her very happy.  Right now I’m at once a day, and it’s more normal.  Kind of, as I used to be a two-times-a-day guy.

My mom loves me.
Something else that is making her happy is when she weighed me again, I’ve put back on about another pound, so I’m over 30 pounds.  In reality, I should weigh a few more than that, but it’s progress in her mind.  I’m way more alert than I was a few days ago after she’d taken me to the vet, and more likely to get up for my meals.  I just wasn’t interested in food.

Things otherwise, I don’t know.  I seem a bit slower mostly, maybe sleeping more and a little weaker in my back legs.  Sometimes they shake and mom is watching me closely, worried about me.  It’s nice that she worries about me so much, but I sense there’s something big coming … is she leaving town again?  What will I do?  I sleep next to her heart.  Poor pop will be left to deal with all of us …

No comments:

Post a Comment